Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Autoimmune Disease Awareness


March is Autoimmune Disease Awareness month (say that five times fast lol!). If you have some spare time and want to understand Crohn's and other autoimmune diseases visit http://www.aarda.org/ for information.

In the beginning of finally being diagnosed I found it hard to explain my disease, I didn't even know it was an autoimmune disease. Lots of goggling changed that though! And now years later there is more awareness even from just a couple years back. I'm glad because I'm not so embarrassed to talk about it anymore. I find now when I tell someone I have it they say oh yeah my neighbor, co-worker, uncle, etc. has it. Not that I would wish this disease on anyone but it is reassuring to know I'm not the only one out there. Hopefully one day there will be a cure but luckily it's manageable for me and currently my quality of life isn't suffering!



Figures the awareness ribbon for my disease is purple! Purple has been my favorite color since I was a little kid! 

No comments:

Post a Comment