Monday, December 30, 2013

Hello! Remember me??

Hello!

So yeah first things first, I suck at blogging. I was so into it but then lost steam and got really busy and never made it back, I suck. I have been wanting to blog for the past several months but just haven't had the time! In a funny way Crohn's can very much be like my blogging. If there are no issues you sometimes forget about having Crohn's, until bam! You get a flare up. Also the fact that it's an invisible disease makes a lot of people forget you have it too. I have heard many times before "oh that's right you have Crohn's, I forgot".

Anyways just thought I would give a quick update on how I was doing and then there will probably be another few months more hiatus but I swear I am making it a new years resolution to get better at blogging!

So health wise, I feel great! I have been on Humira consistently since I left the hospital. As you may have remembered my doctor was so gracious enough to give me a few months supply. Of course that was months ago and my supply is out, but as luck has it I was able to Medicaid. Technically my situation didn't really qualify me for it, the system is so screwed up but that's another blog! Exciting news, that's really not news anymore to those that are close to us, we are expecting our second child, in oh about three weeks! LOL! Luckily being knocked up and getting laid off around the same time, was able to qualify me for Medicaid and I have been on my meds continually.

Although unexpected, we were definitely happy and excited! I briefly worried about how my pregnancy was going to go with Crohn's, but I really have had nothing to worry about! I have had absolutely no flare ups or other complications. I have been seeing a perenatologist on top of my OBGYN and everything has come back normal! No funny cravings I'm sad to report, just my normal cravings for ice, but it hasn't been as bad as the first time and same thing with heart burn. This pregnancy has been fairly decent considering all that we have going on.

Even though this pregnancy was a good one considering my Crohn's, I'm not out of the clearing yet. There is still a possibility to flare up after the delivery, so fingers crossed! In a few short weeks we will be welcoming our second daughter and we are very excited! Thanks again for reading my blog and stay tune in 2014 for hopefully more blogging!

Happy New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment