Friday, March 29, 2013

One month

Well it's been one month since I got out of the hospital after going to the ER for my Crohns. I am happy to report I have been feeling much better! This week I started weening myself off of the Prednsione and should be done taking them in about three weeks. Luckily this time around the side effects were minimial. I also have gained back my weight. The first two weeks on the steroids I wanted to eat everything in sight. It was good to be able to eat again, tried not to go overboard, but I may have been a little bad haha! But I am back to eating normal and trying to avoid fast food and sweets. Still have the issue with dairy which sucks, but oh well. Trying out some organic milk and seeing if that makes a difference. My doctor was able to give me a six month's supply of my medication which was a huge relief and will help me achieve remission. I have my energy back and have started exercising again. I started the 30 day squat challenge two days ago and have been doing different yoga classes. I am attempting a zumba class next week, wish me luck! Also I am very excited to be doing the Color Run in Richmond in September with some lovely ladies. It feels so good to be healthy again and I am very fortunate to being doing better. Just wanted to give an update. Please let me know any questions you might have if you have a loved one or friend with Crohns or let me know some things you might want to see on the blog. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment