Monday, March 18, 2013

Follow-up appointment

Just a quick post tonight because I am so excited about my appointment and wanted to share it with you guys!

So I went to see my doctor today as a follow-up from being in the hospital. I explained what had happened and how I ended up going to the ER. He asked how I was feeling since I got out and I told him great. The steroids were working well and I was happy with the dosage and I am at the point of starting to ween myself off of them. Luckily just a few side effects this time. We discussed how the Humira had been working for me before ending up in the ER. I did tell him that I was stretching out taking my medicine since I couldn't afford it and my insurance didn't cover much. He was concerned that I wasn't taking my medicine regularly but did understand my financial situation. He is not happy with the reps from Humira because they are telling doctors that no patients will go without their medication no matter what their financial situation. I mean that was part of the reason I was put on this medication, of course the fact that it really works has a lot to do with it too.

Anyways my doctor wants me to take my medication regularly and gave me, I mean just GAVE me, a six month supply of medication and is having one of the reps from Humira contact me about why I am not getting my medication at a much more discounted price compared to what was offered to me. Now let me just explain how expensive my medication is. The other day I called in a refill of my medication to my insurance company and I was told it was $2000 for a one month supply, which is two pens. This was AFTER my insurance company covered it. I am waiting to hear back from the insurance company after taking my information about my discounted plan through Humira. However that will only give me the prescription one time at a cost of $45.

So needless to say I am super excited that I just got my medication for free for the next six months and hopefully get my medication regularly after that at a discounted price that I can afford. Some things in our country just don't make sense to me but at least I saw a glimmer of hope today! Now I can feel great again and eat normal. It's been so nice lately feeling healthy, I had such a good weekend, it was really nice not being confined to a couch feeling like crap!

Anyways I just wanted to share that with you guys and yes I am still working on the second half of my post for my trip to the ER, just had a busy weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment